Based in Toronto, Canada
19th February, 2015
Alto’s Adventure is an endless snowboarding odyssey, set against a beautiful and ever changing alpine landscape. The game features fluid physics-based movement, procedurally generated terrain and stunning dynamic lighting and weather effects. The core mechanic centers around an easy to learn, yet difficult to master one button trick system that allows you to chain together increasingly more elaborate trick combos to maximize the players speed and compete for high scores and distances. As players progress through 180 handcrafted goals, they'll rescue runaway llamas, grind along village rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders. Before long players will also acquire the legendary Wingsuit – an item that adds an entirely new gameplay dynamic to the mix, allowing players to soar gracefully down the mountain, loop high into the air and string together even longer trick combinations. Play as one of six characters, including Alto and his friends (even a snowboarding llama), each with their own unique attributes and abilities suited to different styles of play.
In late 2012, the founders of Snowman, Ryan and Jordan, decided to blend their passion for building apps with their passion for snowboarding, and began work on a 2D iOS game based around an "infinite runner" mechanic. However, they knew they didn’t want to build a typical mobile game, but rather something with a strong, distinctive look and feel. The team approached artist and developer Harry Nesbitt to help bring this vision to light. At the time Harry had little game development experience, but continued to learn Unity3D and was ultimately able to work as both the full-time artist and developer on the project. The three began working in January, 2013, spending over 2 years carefully crafting every last detail in the game. Finally, on January 27th, 2015, the app was submitted to the iOS App Store. On February 19th, 2015, Alto's Adventure was released on iOS, reaching #1 in the Top Paid charts worldwide. On February 11th, 2016, Alto's Adventure was released on Android and Kindle Fire.
- Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
- Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
- Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
- Easy to learn, difficult to master one button trick system
- Chain together combos to maximize points and speed
- Test your skills with 180 handcrafted goals
- Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
- Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for best high score, best distance, and best trick combo!
- Aquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
- Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
- Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience (headphones recommended!)
- Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will always be in sync.
- Alto’s Adventure is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
Android Trailer YouTube
Launch Trailer YouTube
Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "A beautiful endless runner for iOS"
- Alex Heath, Cult of Mac
- "I really dig the vibe."
- Eli Hodapp, TouchArcade
- "I've had my eye on Alto's Adventure for some months now - the art is gorgeous"
- Chris Priestman, PocketGamer
- "Alto’s Adventure is a surreal and endless snowboarding odyssey"
- Katrina Filippidis, IGM
- "The game features highly stylized art with dynamic weather and lighting effects to give the player a visually stunning experience."
- Jessica Fisher, 148apps
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Ryan Cash on Twitter
Personal twitter for Ryan Cash twitter.com.
Harry Nesbitt on Twitter
Personal twitter for Harry Nesbitt twitter.com.
Snowman is a small Canadian software studio based in Toronto, Canada, focused on building apps that enhance people’s lives through productivity and entertainment.
More information on Snowman, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Alto's Adventure Credits
Artist & Developer, Freelancer
Sound Design, Kpow Audio