Snowman is a small game studio at the centre of artful experiences. Whether as a developer or creative partner, our goal has always been the same: to create meaningful experiences that you may sit with for a short time, but that sit with you for a long while.
Snowman is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Snowman welcomes all races, religions, genders, countries of origin, and sexual orientations.
We’re looking for a multi-talented Senior Producer to support our fast-growing indie game studio in Toronto. If you’re a self-starting, organized project manager who has experience shipping video games, we’d love to hear from you!
You’ll be joining a small, but world renowned team where you’ll oversee the development and delivery of our titles. You will have a central role in managing our development pipelines, fostering relationships with key partners, and have the opportunity to put your unique stamp on our games. You’ll also be involved in our business development and marketing initiatives, playing a key role in the entire publishing and production process.
This is a full-time, on-site position in downtown Toronto with occasional opportunities to work from home. Due to COVID-19, this position will be temporarily remote until our office re-opens.
- Extremely strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities with an ability to work under pressure
- Independent, confident leader who can thrive in a dynamic environment without micromanagement
- Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all facets of video game development and the video game industry
- Excellent manager of priorities and timelines with the ability to weather and accommodate for unforeseen, external priority shifts
- Experienced in building, fostering and mentoring successful teams
- Proactive, professional and well-spoken
- Build, foster and manage relationships with game creators, developers, platform-holders and other strategic partners of Snowman
- Define, present, and manage the development strategy, deliverables, scope and contingency plans for our games
- Manage game budgets, project resources and milestones with aplomb
- Oversee and supervise all development teams to support the creative direction, technical and brand goals
- Ensure that development is optimized for performance and is in line with both our technical and design standards
- Support the implementation, iteration and upkeep of Snowman’s general strategy and design principals
- Communicate with and manage output from external QA and development partners
- Help define human resource needs for projects and lead the hiring process
- Minimum 4 years of production experience in a video game environment
- Must have produced and shipped at least one video game title in a production or management role
- Fluent in English (other languages a plus)
Nice to Haves
- Practical technical and/or artistic game development experience
- Experience working in the mobile games industry
- Familiar with iOS/macOS/tvOS ecosystems
- An understanding and appreciation for design
At Snowman, we’re flexible on daily hours, working from home when required, and we’re not micromanagers—we want you to be empowered to make decisions on your own. Experience, talent, and drive are more important than fancy school degrees.
All applicants should include a personalized cover letter with their resume. Tell us something about yourself that we can’t find on your resume, and let us know why you’re the best person for the job!
Applicants must legally be allowed to work in Canada.