Snowman is a small game studio at the centre of artful experiences. Whether as a developer or creative partner, our goal has always been the same: to create meaningful experiences that you may sit with for a short time, but that sit with you for a long while.
Snowman is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Snowman welcomes all races, religions, genders, countries of origin, and sexual orientations.
We’re looking for a multi-talented Community Coordinator to support our bustling indie game studio in Toronto. This role is part administrative within the studio’s internal community, and part engagement with the external communities of our games.
If it’s in your nature to take care of people, build relationships, and are motivated by organizing many moving parts, this role is made for you. You’ll help our studio run smoothly by keeping tabs on the small details that matter, and have lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
What you have
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely strong organization and multi-tasking skills and the ability to juggle many projects at once
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to adapt to multiple styles
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and practices
- Confident self-starter who can work independently and flourish without micromanagement
- Patience for last-minute tasks and happy to go with the flow when things pivot
- Incredible attention to detail
- Fluent in English (other languages a plus)
- Manage studio-wide support for multiple games, projects and merchandise across email and social media
- Handle all merch-related support and projects
- Have your finger on the pulse of our online communities and engage with players regularly
- Coordinate and book studio-wide events, meetings and travel *
- Organize and oversee the day-to-day in the office, including managing supplies, hardware and software, office space, etc. *
- Assist with social media management as needed
* Please note that our office is currently closed due to COVID-19 and some office tasks will be paused. During this time, you will help keep us organized and connected as we continue to work remotely.
Bonus - It’s nice to have, but not required
- Knowledge of the games or entertainment industry
- An interest in great design, copywriting and creative media
- Experience with Apple’s platforms (iOS/tvOS/macOS)
At Snowman, we’re flexible on daily hours, working from home when required, and we’re not micromanagers—we want you to be empowered to make decisions on your own. Experience, talent, and drive are more important than fancy school degrees.
Apply with a resume and cover letter telling us something we won’t find on your resume.
Applicants must legally be allowed to work in Canada.