Snowman is a small game studio at the centre of artful experiences. Whether as a developer or creative partner, our goal has always been the same: to create meaningful experiences that you may sit with for a short time, but that sit with you for a long while.
Snowman is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Snowman welcomes all races, religions, genders, countries of origin, and sexual orientations.
We’re looking for a multi-talented Project Manager with an interest in marketing to support our fast-growing indie game studio in Toronto.
You’ll be joining a small but world-renowned team based downtown Toronto. If you’re someone who’s fiercely independent, are vigilant at managing multiple projects at once, and have leadership skills to inspire, we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll be working closely with our production teams, key business partners and members of the press to manage key studio projects and help launch our games.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment
- You are marketing-minded and creative with experience in the entertainment, games or tech industry
- Excellent project management abilities, strong collaboration skills between different teams and personalities
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Great self-starting abilities and can thrive without micromanagement—you can handle high-level tasks with little supervision
- You have a solid understanding of the video games industry
- Incredible attention to detail and an eye for great design
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and practices
- Experience managing and mentoring junior team members
- Fluent in English (other languages are a plus)
- Oversee, develop and execute marketing strategies for all games, including launches and PR
- Develop creative solutions and content for our portfolio of games
- Manage communication between key business partners, internal teams, and members of the press
- Execute and manage key projects in the studio (outside of game production)
- Coordinate and liaise with other studios and freelancers/consultants we work with
Bonus - It’s nice to have, but not required
- Well-versed in design or video production software and the ability to develop content
- Copywriting experience and expertise
- Well-networked in the games industry
- Experience with Apple’s platforms (iOS/tvOS/macOS)
- Experience with PC and/or Console storefront systems and portals
At Snowman, we’re flexible on daily hours, working from home when required, and we’re not micromanagers—we want you to be empowered to make decisions on your own. Experience, talent, and drive are more important than fancy school degrees.
Apply with a resume and cover letter telling us something we won’t find on your resume.
All qualified candidates must complete an assignment as part of the interview process for this position.
Applicants must legally be allowed to work in Canada.